Things you should/will need to know when using Cloudways Hosting!
1. Where to find Server’s IP?
Click Servers > 139.180….
2. How to Upgrade PHP Version?
You can only upgrade PHP version for Server Level
Settings & Packages > Packages > PHP
3. How to Create & change sFTP Account?
First, click Access Details
Next, enter your new username and password. Then ADD
If you want to change username or password, just click Pencil icon
4. How to Increase Memory Limit?
Click Application Settings > PHP FPM Settings > ;php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 32M > Edit number 32
5. How to Clone a WordPress Site?
Click on three dots > Clone App/Create Staging
Select the server to clone WordPress Site > then click on SUBMIT
6. How to Delete a WordPress Site?
Click on three dots > Delete
Typing DELETE to confirm your request > Then click on SUBMIT
7. How to Access Database (or phpMyAdmin)?
Access Details > Launch Database Manager
8. How to Increase Upload Limit?
Settings & Packages > Basic > Enter New Number at UPLOAD SIZE > Then click Save Changes
9. How to Restore Backups?
Restore > Select one of the available backups > Restore Application Now
10. How to check Disk Space Hosting
Click Disk Usage
11. How to change domain for WordPress Site?
Click Domain Management > Enter new domain at PRIMARY DOMAIN > Save Changes
If you want to use 2 domain for a WordPress Site, just click Add Domain at Additional Domains
Cloudways will replace all links in Old domain to New domain. If you want it to not affect SEO, add a redirect rule to .httaccess
12. How to increase max execution time?
Click Application Settings > PHP FPM Settings > Edit 120 > Save Changes
13. How to increase Upload Max File size?
Click Application Settings > PHP FPM Settings > Edit 20M > Save Changes
14. How to change WordPress Admin Password in Cloudways Hosting?
If you forgot your password, and no email sent to email when resetting password. You can reset password in Cloudways!
First, Access Details > Launch Database Manager
Click wp_users > Select data > Click your username > EDIT
Enter your new password > Select MD5 > Save
15. How to Increase Max Connection Limit for Server?
Settings & Packages > Advanced
Edit 150 > Save Changes
16. How to change Backup Frequency?
By default, Cloudways will backup everyday. But you can change backup frequency at Backups > Backup Frequency
Featured Image: Pixabay/jplenio