In this post, we will learn how to point Godaddy domain to Hosting (Cloudways, Kinsta, cPanel Hosting) and Server (Vultr, DigitalOcean, Linode).
- You can point Godaddy Domain to Hosting/Server by IP or Nameserver
- It takes 10 minutes – 72 hours to update. But most cases, for me, are about 30 minutes.
- cPanel Hosting includes: SiteGround, Inomotion, Hawkhost,…
2. Find Hosting/Server IP
Find Cloudways Hosting IP
Login to Cloudways > Servers > 139.180.. is IP
Find Kinsta Hosting IP
First, you need to add a site in Kinsta. Then go to Sites > Site Name
Next, click Info > IPv4 > 188.8.131.52 is IP
Find cPanel Hosting IP (SiteGround, Imotion,…)
Login to cPanel (after purchasing hosting, cPanel address has been sent to your email.).
Then look right > Shared IP Address
Find Vultr Server IP
Login to Vultr > Products > IP is under Server Name. Here is 184.108.40.206
Find DigitalOcea Server IP
Login to DigitalOcean > Manage > Droplets > IP Address
Find Linode Server IP
Login to Linode > Linodes > IP Address
3. Point Godaddy Domain to Hosting/Server
Go to Godaddy and click on Sign in > Sign in
Fill your Username and Password
Click on DNS
Click on “Pencil” icon
With Type A Record, you need to fill:
- Points to: IP Address of Hosting/Server, eg: 220.127.116.11
- Host, TTL và Seconds: Leave Default
then click Save
With Type CNAME Record
- Points to: Enter your domain name, ex: beaverhero.com, example.com,…
- Host, TTL: Leave Default
then click Save
It takes 5 minutes to 24 hours to update.
It usually takes about 30 minutes for Godaddy to update. But in some cases, it can be up to 72 hours. You can use some tools to check DNS.
I usually use Check-host.net
Done! If you have any questions, just comment below!