Things you may need when using WordPress
You can insert to Header.php – Footer.php or use Insert Headers and Footers Plugin.
Go to Appearance > Editor > Theme Header (header.php) or Theme Footer (footer.php)
- Header.php: before </head>
- Footer.php: before </body>
If you want to use Insert Headers and Footers. Just install and activate. Then go to Settings > Insert Headers and Footers > Paste your code into Scripts in Header or Scripts in Footer.
2. How to Turn off User Registration
Settings > General > Membership
3. Limit number of posts on Homepage
Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most
4. How to create XML Sitemap for WordPress
Just install and activate Yoast SEO Plugin. Sitemap will automatically create 🙂
5. How do I add Google Analytics to WordPress
Add Google Analytics Tracking Code to Theme Header (header.php) or Scripts in Headers. See Question 01.
6. How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
Install and activate Hide Featured Image plugin
Edit Post > You will see an option to hide the image created by the plugin
7. Remove Category in URL
Just install and activate No Category Base (WPML) Plugin. No need to do anything.
But if you use Yoast SEO Plugin. Go to SEO > Search Appearance
Click Remove > Save Changes
8. Delete Uncategorized Category
Uncategorized is the default category in WordPress. You need to take some steps to delete this category.
Create a New Category
Then go to Settings > Writing > Change default post category > Save changes
and delete Uncategorized Category
9. How to Insert Image into WordPress Post/Page
Edit Post/Page > click (+) icon > Image
You can insert image into WordPress Post/Page by Uploading Image, Choose in Media Library or Paste Image URL
Then Update Post!
10. Remove Block Border When Writing Post
Click Three Dots icon > Then click Spotlight Done
11. Add a Page Break in WordPress Post or Page
Place the cursor where the page break will be inserted
Press Shift Alt P > the page break is inserted
12. Delete comments in WordPress
Tick on small box > Bulk Actions > Move to Trash
13. How to Create a User Account
Go to WP-Admin –> Users –> Add New
Enter user information > Add New User. If you want to edit an User account in WordPress, follow these steps:
Hover over an User account and select Edit
14. How to Create Post Category
Go to Posts > Categories
Enter Name, Slug, Description, then click Add New Category
15. How to Rename Post Category?
Hover on Category > Quick Edit
Enter New Name > Update Category
16. How to Delete Post Category?
All post in the category will be move to Uncategorized Category.
Hover on Category > Delete > OK
17. How to Add a Link to Post
Highlight the text you want to add Link
Paste the link
18. How to Add a Button to WordPress Page/Post
Click “Plus” icon
Enter Button Text & Link. You can also change text style, alignment,…
Look right. You can change Button Styles (Styles) , Background Color, Text Color (Color Settings) and add Custom CSS (Advanced)
Button Text Color & Background Color
Featured Image: Mysticsartdesign/Pixabay